Named by Zagat as one of the best sandwiches in the state of Mississippi, the Blue Suede Grill Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich from Cafe 212 is a favorite eat for Tupelo locals and Elvis tourists alike. The sandwich draws its name and inspiration from Tupelo, Mississippi’s own hometown hero, Elvis Presley. The King was known to love a peanut butter & banana sandwich, here’s how to make a delicious one of your own!
Ingredients/What You Need:
- Wheatberry Bread
- Clover Honey
- Peanut Butter
- Crispy Bacon
- Panini Press
- Fry up your choice of bacon, and make sure it’s crispy enough to get the desired crunch you need to contrast the smoothness of the banana and peanut butter. Once it’s done, throw it on some paper towels to get some of the extra grease off.
- Pre-mix your peanut butter and honey so you don’t have honey oozing out of the sides of the sandwich. The Haydens recommend a peanut butter to honey ratio of about 4:1.
- Spread your peanut butter and honey mix generously on one side of the Wheatberry bread.
- Cut your banana in half, then slice one half into bite-size pieces. (Amanda is a pro, so we recommend watching the video to see how she cuts it). Spread your banana slices evenly along the peanut butter covered slice of bread.
- Next, crumble your bacon into bite-size pieces and spread them on top of the banana.
- Put your other slice of bread on top of the loaded slice and press down a bit to get it to stay together.
- Press your sandwich on the panini press for about 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Plate your sandwich and cut it in half. Let it cool off for a minute before taking a bite and enjoy!
Looking for more tasty Tupelo eats? Click here!