Elvis Presley Homecoming Statue
Information(800) 533-0611 | Fairpark District (Historic Downtown Tupelo) Tupelo, MS
View Map Add to Itinerary
This is one of 12 significant sites in Elvis’ formative years in Tupelo marked with plaques on the Elvis Presley Driving Trail. This larger than life statue of Elvis’ 1956 Homecoming Concert at the Tupelo Fairgrounds was based on a famous shot called “the Hands” by Roger Marshutz. The statue was placed by the Tupelo Elvis Fan Club and the Tupelo Convention and Visitors Bureau in August of 2012 to commemorate Tupelo’s most famous native son. Facing east toward his Tupelo birthplace, the statue is poised for a perfect photo op with Tupelo City Hall standing behind his right shoulder and Tupelo Hardware visible over his left shoulder. The statue stands on the site of the old fairgrounds where the concert took place and was created by Mississippi sculptor Bill Beckwith.